Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tasty Tuesday on a Wednesday

Ok. You're going to love these. That's all there is to it....trust me. You have no choice.

I present ACTUALLY delicious PALEO cookiiiiiiiiiieeeesssss!

OM NOM NOM!

Ok, so the first time I used SunButter I was so pleasantly surprised. I had never used any other kind of 'nut butter' besides peanut butter. (This is not a nut butter. This is, in fact, a seed butter.) ((Grease monkey is allergic to peanuts and almonds.))  I made cookies. I gave some to my neighbor, some to my husband in his lunch, then some to my mother-in-law. Then, I went and ran errands and got a call from my mother in law to find out why her cookies were green.

Hold the phone....DID YOU SAY GREEN?!

Oh no! I've poisoned everyone! A few calls later and a few frantic minutes on the internet later I found that it's perfectly normal to have things turn green with SunButter when using Baking Soda.

  <-- not today's cookies


The chlorogenic acid (chlorophyll) in sunflower seeds react with the baking soda/powder when baked causing the green color when the product cools down. ----www.sunbutter.com

Whew! But, it seriously had me going for a while. 

We're not doing that today, though. Just wanted to share it because it was funny....to me. 

Today, we're making Paleo SunButter cookies!

^ These are today's cookies!  So Moist and Crumbly!

Ingredients:
1 cup SunButter
2 2/3 cup coconut flour
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)

-Cream SunButter and sugar together.
-Beat in egg. Add milk.
-Stir in vanilla
-Combine flour and salt in separate bowl and stir into mixture.
-Cover and chill for an hour (chill the dough...not you...well, you can chill too but you've probably got stuff to do)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
-Form dough into balls and place on ungreased chilled cookie sheet (press with fork if desired) and bake 8-10 minutes, when edges are golden brown.
-Take cookie sheets out and let them cool on a wire rack.
-Enjoy!

How easy are those? And they won't turn green!



No comments:

Post a Comment