Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Motivation Monday on a Tuesday!

Sorry, y'all! I've been running behind.

And with running behind I've been working my behind off, too!

**Translation: Tabatas are 8 rounds of 20 seconds max effort followed by 10 seconds of rest. These were all kettlebell movements. Your score (on top) is the lowest number of reps you get in a round, so it pushes you to do more!**

For the first time yesterday I Rx'd a workout at Crossfit. Meaning I used the prescribed weight. I also did 5 back squats at 105 lbs. Which is crazy because before my one rep max was 95 lb and I was too scared to go any higher.

Been a little off my game lately. But what better way to get back on it than signing up for a Crossfit Competition??? That's right. Me, Lindsay. I signed up for a Crossfit Competition!!! It's called No Baby, Leave the Socks On.

Your one requirement is to wear weighlifting socks and booty shorts are optional! 
Hahahaha!
So, I'll stick with finding tall socks and rock my usual workout wear! I'm in the scaled division which means I can't do unassisted pullups, big box jumps or lots of weight yet. But, I'll get there. Not sure if I'll ever be comfortable enough to wear the booty shorts, though! 

Ok, let's keep the motivation part of this light and airy shall we?


I used to eat at McDonald's every single day, multiple times a day and now their food makes me so sick. Physically, I get so sick. I can't stand it anymore.


This is one of the biggest reasons I love Crossfit. The loudest cheers are for those who finish last.


One of our crossfit coaches has 4 babies and she looks A-mazing! No excuses.


Come back tomorrow for Tasty Tuesday on a Wednesday! ;)






2 comments:

  1. I actually teared up at the comment "This is one of the biggest reasons I love Crossfit. The loudest cheers are for those who finish last." Just thinking about that girl actually finishing and all those people cheering her on! So excited for you, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It gives me chills and it's so true! When people finish they look for who they can go cheer on. I never thought I'd be a person that when I got through with my workout I'd go and actually find a person and say "what do you have left? I'll do it with you." I've RAN with people before. It's crazy awesome!

    ReplyDelete